THE RESIDENCES of Mme de Pompadour
The Saint-Ouen Castle
In the 17th century the sovereignty of Saint-Ouen goes to Seigliéres de Boisfranc, the Chancellor of the Duke of Orléans.
1676: Tthe Chancellor orders to build the castle, based on a project of the architect Lepautre.
1690: The estate goes to the duke of Gesvres.
1759: Madame de Pompadour rents the castle until her death, in 1764.
The big salon, the small one, the bedroom, the boudoir, the gallery are redecorated to follow the taste of the Marchioness (500.000 livres).
1782: The family of the Duke of Gesvres hands over the castle to the Duke of Nivernais.